Subject: To NFPs for Action: PLEASE NOMINATE - 2 influenza and SARS-CoV-2 laboratory training opportunities available
From: "ECDC respiratory viruses" <[email-masked]>
To: "Indra Alexander" <[email-masked]>, "Apfalter Petra" <[email-masked]>, "Wesley.Mattheus" <[email-masked]>, "steven.vangucht" <[email-masked]>, "ivanoov" <[email-masked]>, "stefka.krumova" <[email-masked]>, "ljiljana.zmak" <[email-masked]>, "selma.bosnjak" <[email-masked]>,Ivana Ferenčak <[email-masked]>, "m.mendris" <[email-masked]>, "Fani Theophanous" <[email-masked]>, "dpieridou" <[email-masked]>, "ckaragiannis" <[email-masked]>,Barbora Macková <
Cc: "Eeva Broberg" <[email-masked]>, "Maximilian Riess" <[email-masked]>, "ECDC respiratory viruses" <[email-masked]>, "Agne Bajoriniene" <[email-masked]>, "Country Cooperation" <[email-masked]>, "ECDC Accession Support" <[email-masked]>, "International Relations" <[email-masked]>, "NC_CCB_Austria" <[email-masked]>, "sigrid.kiermayr" <[email-masked]>, "koen.blot" <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, "Zhivka Getsova" <getsova
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2025 17:20:52 +0200

Tähelepanu! Tegemist on väljastpoolt asutust saabunud kirjaga. Tundmatu 
saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada.

To:  National Focal Points for Viral respiratory Diseases, National Focal 
Points for Microbiology,  Western Balkan and Türkiye Observer National Focal 
Points for Viral Respiratory Diseases,

National Focal Points for Microbiology Observer

Cc:       National Coordinators, Western Balkan, and Türkiye National 
Correspondents

Dear Colleagues,

ECDC has two laboratory training opportunities available in March 2025 on 
SARS-CoV-2 and on influenza virus. Please nominate members of your 
laboratory that you believe are suited and can benefit from this training. 
Nominations should include Name, Email, and a few sentences on the 
motivation for participation.

ECDC covers all costs including travel, accommodation, and the training. The 
trainings are part of the extensive laboratory training programmes for 
respiratory viral diseases by ECDC and conducted by the AURORAE consortium.

The two available trainings are listed below and a detailed description of 
the content I attached:

1.	One participant to the 5-day twinning visit on 03-07 March 2025 on 
“SARS-CoV-2 whole genome sequencing and basic bioinformatics” at the 
Laboratoire National de Santé, Luxembourg.
2.	One participant to the 2-day twinning visit on “Training on influenza 
surveillance laboratory methods and reporting” at the Hellenic Pasteur 
Institute, Athens, Greece. Date is based on agreement but must be before 15 
March 2025.

Please provide any expression of interest by 31 January 2025 as a reply to 
this email with the cc:ed.

Do let us know should you have any questions or queries!

We look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,

The ECDC respiratory virus team

European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC)Gustav III:s boulevard 40, 169 73 Solna, Sweden

Phone +46 (0)8 58 60 10 00

 <https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/> www.ecdc.europa.eu

Follow ECDC on:

 <http://www.facebook.com/ECDC.EU>

 <http://twitter.com/ecdc_eu>

 <http://www.linkedin.com/company/ecdc>

 <http://www.youtube.com/user/ECDCchannel>

Confidentiality Notice
If you are not the intended recipient of this message, you are hereby kindly 
requested, to, consecutively, refrain from disclosing its content to any 
third party, delete it and inform its sender of the erroneous transmittal.

Classified as ECDC NORMAL